Last Update: June 20, 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website is owned and operated by Simply Sunshine Events, LLC, a New Jersey based company. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older to use our website and content. Use of this website is at your own risk. We host our site on a reputable platform and take reasonable efforts to maintain and host the site. However, we make no explicit representations or warranties as to the safety or your individual use of the website. The Terms and Conditions contained on this page are subject to change at any time.
Copyright © 2018 Simply Sunshine Events, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This website and all of its contents are protected by United States of America and International copyright laws. Reproduction and/or distribution of any content from this website, our social media channels, search engines, blogs and business referral sites is strictly prohibited without prior written approval by Simply Sunshine Events, LLC, the copyright owner.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
All images, text, designs, graphics, registered trademarks and service marks are owned and the property of Simply Sunshine Events, LLC, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible should we choose to do so, including asking for financial damages and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately.
You may use our intellectual property with clear and obvious credit back to our site, as well as links back to the page where the materials, designs, images, text, quote or post is located when it is appropriate to do so with prior approval by Simply Sunshine Events, LLC. However, you may never claim any of our intellectual property as your own or your unique creation, even with attribution. You may ask for approval to use our intellectual property at Hello@SimplySunshineEvents.com. It is understood that by contacting the owner does not guarantee permission to use their content.
We maintain the right to republish any submission, review, or event we produce in whole or in part as reasonably necessary in the course of our business. You agree not to submit any content or communications that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to, communications that are potentially libelous or maliciously false, obscene, abusive, negligent or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information: Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you as an individual, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, social media account ID or demographic information provided by you like your age, gender, event budget and event location. You consent to giving us this information by providing it to us voluntarily on our website, mobile website or third party site (e.g. Dubsado®). You provide some of this information when you contact us with your event details through our “Contact” page, or when you contract our services.
- Derivative Information: Derivative Information is information that our servers automatically collect about you when you access our website, such as your IP address, browser type, the dates and times that you access our website, and the specific pages you view.
- Social Networking Information: We may access personal information from social network sites and apps such, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, which may include public information about such as your social network username, name, location, email, address, age, gender, and profile picture. If you do not want us to access this personal information, please change your settings your settings on the specific social networking sites and change your privacy settings.
- Other Information & Data: On occasion, you may give us additional data to participate in, but not limited to, a giveaway, survey, etc. You will be prompted for this information and it will be clear that you are offering this kind of information in exchange for an entry into such a giveaway, survey, etc.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information you provide us allows us to offer you certain services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website and allows us to suggest other services we think might be of interest to you. We typically store your data on a third party site to expedite our interactions with you and to serve our legitimate business interests with you (such as providing you with personalized information and recommendations for your events), however, will never share your information with a known third party unless it is approved by you.
Specifically, we may use the information and data described above to:
- Generate a contractual agreement with you
- Deliver services and information purchased by you to you
- Correspond with you
- Process payments and/or refunds
- Interact with you vial social media
- Provide vendor recommendations and communications for your event
- Send you a newsletter or other updates about our company or website
- Request feedback from you
- Notify you of updates to our services
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot any issues should they arise
- Assist law enforcement as necessary
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website
- Analyze trends to improve our website and service offerings
WHY WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information for the following reasons:
- Third Party Processing: We may disclose your information to third parties who assist us with various tasks, including payment processing, email delivery and customer service. We may not always disclose third party processors if not required by law.
- By Law: We may share your data as required by law, or to respond to legal process, including a subpoena, or as necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others. This includes sharing information with other parties to prevent or address fraud, and to avoid credit risk.
- To Protect Our Company: We may use your information to protect our company, including investigating and remedying any violations of our rights and policies. We may also disclose your information as reasonably necessary to acquire and maintain insurance coverage, manage risk, obtain financial or legal advice, or to exercise or defend against legal claims.
- Third Party Partners: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, etc.). These other companies will have access to your data only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- Other Third Parties: She may share information with those we advertise with, or other third parties, for the purpose of conducting general business marketing practices (e.g. posting photos and names on business referral websites such as The Knot). If we do so, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you if required by law. It is noted, that if it contractually agreed within our service agreements, we may use your likeness without notification.
- Online Postings: When you post online, your posts may be viewed by others, and we may distribute your comments outside the website.
- Other Purposes: We may disclose your personal data s necessary to comply with legal obligations or to protect your interests, or the vital interests of others or our company.
Log Files: Like many other websites, we make use of log files. These files log unique visitors to our website, usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referral source to our site, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Largely, we do not process your information in-house, but give it to third party processors for processing. For example, when Stripe takes your payment details, they are a third party processor. They process your payment and remit the funds to us, as we do not have the capabilities to do this in-house.
From time to time, we will process your data internally for legitimate business purposes such as to administer, maintain, and improve our services, uphold contractual obligations with you, to keep records of transactions, and to share only pertinent information with vendors for your event. We may process the following information:
- Name, address, and email address
- Information related to your personal profile such as name, address, photos, interest and hobbies, geographical location
- Data about your usage of our website or social media networks
- Information that you provide us during the course of using our services
- Data that you post to our website, referral and review websites, blogs, social media posts
- Information that you provide us when you subscribe to our emails or newsletters, including your name, email address and contact information
- Data that you submit to us via correspondence such as when you email with us
Our website is hosted on servers located in the United States. Therefore, if you reside in the European Union, some of your data will be transferred internationally to those servers. Transfers will be protected by appropriate safeguards, name the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We use website hosting servers and third party processors located in the United States, which have received an Adequacy Determination from the European Commission, meaning that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect data once it is transferred to that country.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain personal information as long as it is needed to conduct our legitimate business purposes, comply with legal obligations, or until you ask us to delete your data. Data that is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes needed above will be stored or permanently deleted.
You may request that we delete your data at any time. However, note that we cannot control the retention policies of third parties. If you wish to have any third parties, including those to whom we have transmitted your data, delete that data, you will need to contact hose third parties directly. You may request from us a list of all third parties to whom we have transmitted your data.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to protect your data and keep your information secure. We use reputable online secure payment systems and implement generally accepted standards of security to protect against personal data loss or misuse. However, no security measure is foolproof, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or misuse. We cannot guarantee complete security of any information you transmit to u.
We will notify you promptly any known breach of our security systems or your data, which might expose you to serious risk.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined below. Note, we may charge you a reasonable fee for actions that you ask us to take with respect to your data. In addition, we reserve the right to request that you provide us with evidence of your identity before we take any action with respect to the exercise of your data rights. Further, your rights may be restricted or nullified to the extend they conflict with our compelling business interests, public interest, our contractual agreements, or the law. To exercise any of the rights outlined below, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Update Account Information: You have the right to update, change, or delete any information you have provided to us outside of our contractual agreements.
- Confirm Personal Data and its Use: You may request what data we hold about you, and for what purposes. You also have the right to confirmation of what information we share with third parties.
- Change Consent: You have the right to change your consent to our use of your information (e.g. emails and newsletters). In such cases, we may require that you delete your account with us.
- Delete All Data: You have the right to request that we delete all data that we hold about you, and we must delete such data without undue delay. There are exceptions to this right, such as when keeping your data is required by law, is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, is required for compliance with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the exercise or defense of legal claims. Such a request may result in a termination of your account with us and you may have limited or no use of our website.
- Email and Communications: You may opt out of receiving future email correspondence from us by checking the appropriate box when you register for the account via newsletter opt-in. You may change your communication settings by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving marketing communications or having your personal information used for marketing purposes. You may do this by contacting us at email@example.com
- Processing: You may, in some circumstances restrict the processing of your data, such as when you contest the accuracy of your data or when you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. When processing has been restricted, we will continue to store your data but will not pass it on to third party processors without your consent, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations or protect your rights or those of others or our company. In addition, you may opt out of any processing of your data altogether. Note however that doing so may result in the termination of your account and loss of access to our website.
We offer the opportunity for you to volunteer certain information to us that is used for email and marketing purposes. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from any future communications via email, but we reserve the right to maintain a database of past email subscribers. We reserve the right to use this information as reasonably necessary in our business and as provided by law. Your information will be shared with reasonably necessary parties for the ordinary course of conducting our business, such as through Facebook ads, Instagram Promotions, or Google Pay Per Click marketing campaigns. We do not ever sell your information to third parties.
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.